Friday, October 28, 2016

And the beat goes on.....

I spend a bit more time these days than most on, concepts like oh.....shed doors and sealing of decks.  Thankfully, I have my uncle to help me through all that as for me being a never home-owner it gets a tinge befuddling. 

With my mom in ill health metaphysically(that's how I have finally decided to describe Alzheimer's), I feel a great comfort in the fact that my uncle does things like order shed doors from afar.  Not that I know what to do with them, other than find someone able. 

Meanwhile, my neighbor is having a new roof put on and several other home repairs that begin at well, let's just call it too early for my life schedule.  It borders on rude in my sleeplessness state of life in general, but that could be my issue as opposed to actual life.  I don't recall anymore.

I wake laughing mostly, thinking REALLY?  So we have 5 appointments for my mom this week, and you have an air compressor practically sitting in my left eardrum?  (at least I know what an air compressor is, so due credit, if you please)  I honestly thought they were on my garage for a moment.  Unpleasant is the word I use in public to describe it.

Let's get back to actuality here.  FIVE appointments in one week.  I told my mom she needed to find a new concert tour manager, because clearly, I have over booked us.  Several of the doctors laughed.  One, without a sense of humor...well, there may have been a smile.  I'll take it. Doing stand up comedy in a doctors office is not always amusing, even when things are all good.  Note to self. 

I pray and hope all you caregivers out there are finding rest, have no construction next to your eardrums and the love of a great family, like mine.  More soon.

Love,

This Mermaid






No comments:

Post a Comment