Wednesday, November 9, 2016

And So It Is

I find myself in tears this morning for more reasons than I can explain over the Presidential election.

One of which, is the fact that I didn't go to bed until approximately 5 this morning.  I felt like a bird that had flown into a window at 90 miles an hour; I am so stunned.  I cannot help but think half this country wanting change that frightens me, my family and anyone who might think outside of the box.

When I did go to bed, I went to rest next to my mom, in her bed. which is approximately the size of a large yacht.  And there were even monsters under her bed in my dreams.  I woke praying it was all a nightmare; until my body reacted by a full on sob festival.   I didn't want to miss Hillary's speech, so I got up at 8 ready for her to shine.  Which she did.  I can't imagine the security nightmare today presents, so I'm not distressed it took her a bit to get on stage.

I told a friend yesterday that I felt like "it will be what it will be" and we should simply be grateful that we get to participate.  Not so sure I'm feeling that lie today.

I don't like the concept of living in negativity.

HOWEVER, I'm not without hope.  It's a great day to be kind to everyone, especially ourselves.  To remember we choose to live in a country that allows us to fight for what we believe in. We have an opportunity to comprehend differences, grace and tolerance like never before.  Perhaps we will also learn about our very own space of grief in ways like never before.  I also believe we may find more faith than we ever knew existed, as we move together as one.  Respect is a lesson in this as well.

And so it is.

Big love from this mermaid

You must welcome change as the rule but not as your ruler. Denis Waitley




No comments:

Post a Comment